Anyone operating a drone for commercial or business purposes must obtain an FAA Remote Pilot Certification. This highly focused course prepares you for the test required to receive this certification.
Students will gain an understanding of what is required to operate a drone safely in the National Airspace System. Topics covered include:
- Regulations related to small Unmanned Aircraft Systems (sUAS)
- Airspace classification and airport operations
- Use of sectional navigation charts
- sUAS operating requirements and flight restrictions
- Aviation weather sources and effects on sUAS
- sUAS loading and performance considerations
- Emergency procedures
- Aeronautical decision-making and crew resource management
- Radio communication procedures
- Physiological effects of drugs and alcohol
- Maintenance and preflight inspection procedures
The course fee includes eight hours of instructor-led classroom training, a class slide workbook, a sectional chart of the local area, an FAA test supplement booklet, 50 sample test questions, and access to the SkyOp Learning Management System resources. After completing the course and some self-study, students will be ready to take the required Unmanned Aircraft – General knowledge test. The test must be administered at an authorized FAA Knowledge Testing Center and is NOT included in the course fee. It includes 60 questions and costs $150, paid separately to the Knowledge Testing Center. With passing score of 70% or above, students can apply for a Remote Pilot Certificate.
Students who are new to using drones for commercial use should also take the Intro To Drones for Commercial Users and Hands-On Drone Flight Training - Basic Quadcopter Flight Skills courses. These courses provide a comprehensive overview of the information your organization needs to start using drones safely and legally and bolster piloting skills using our unique indoor flight training methodology. A bundle discount is available to students that register to take all three courses.
|Location:||SkyOp Online Classroom|
|Date(s):||Tuesday, July 16, 2019|
|Time:||8:30am – 5:00pm|