Anyone operating a drone for commercial or business purposes must obtain an FAA Remote Pilot Certification. This highly focused course prepares you for the test required to receive this certification.
Students will gain an understanding of what is required to operate a drone safely in the National Airspace System. Topics covered include:
- Regulations related to small Unmanned Aircraft Systems (sUAS)
- Airspace classification and airport operations
- Use of sectional navigation charts
- sUAS operating requirements and flight restrictions
- Aviation weather sources and effects on sUAS
- sUAS loading and performance considerations
- Emergency procedures
- Aeronautical decision-making and crew resource management
- Radio communication procedures
- Physiological effects of drugs and alcohol
- Maintenance and preflight inspection procedures
The course fee includes seven hours of instructor-led online training, 50 sample test questions, and access to the SkyOp Learning Management System resources. After completing the course and some self-study, students will be ready to take the required Unmanned Aircraft – General knowledge test. The test must be administered at an authorized FAA Knowledge Testing Center and is NOT included in the course fee. It includes 60 questions and costs $150, paid separately to the Knowledge Testing Center. With passing score of 70% or above, students can apply for a Remote Pilot Certificate.
Students who are new to using drones should take the comprehensive 21-hour Intro to Drones with Part 107 Test Prep course. This course provides information about drone uses and applications and includes hands-on indoor flight training, in addition to covering all the material in the Part 107 Test Prep course.
|Location:||SkyOp Online Classroom|
|Date(s):||Thursday, February 28, 2019
View other upcoming classes
|Time:||8:30am – 4:00pm|
|Class Size:||Maximum 10 students|
100% OF OUR PAST STUDENTS HAVE
PASSED THE FAA CERTIFICATION TEST.